Saturday 14 January 2012

     There is a certain amount of vulnerability you can feel when starting a blog that you know will uncover a deeper level of yourself. To share to the public all the intimate thoughts you have that most people other then your best friends have never seen is really putting yourself out there. But I have always believed in being honest and open even if sharing my feelings or thoughts have not always brought me the best results.

     I can not compare my life to others. We all have had our trials and tribulations, which no matter what level of difficulty they are to deal with, will always matter to us in our own personal way. I have always been a highly sensitive person, always feeling everything and everyone around me. Through life I've had people consistently tell me i shouldn't let things effect me. Well easier said then done. When you are the type of person who is a feeler then there really isn't much choice is there? So the next step after you realize you can't change who or what you are is the concept of acceptance. That will be my life long goal. 

     Now the good news and something i often have to remember, is that i am not alone in this. Acceptance is a goal for many people. There are many people who feel strongly and freely and without sometimes the control that we all wish we had. In this blog i will share my feelings on a variety of topics related to the concept of having a bigger understanding of myself and how i feel. Also, through exploring these feelings i will post about anything related like links, pictures or videos that i feel need to be shared.

    I figured that by making this blog, it was one step closer to accepting who i was and trying to embrace the freedom of being me. I often ask myself am i normal? What is normal? Is there rules and guidelines to being normal? Normal is just a word and not a very good word to describe people. We are all different, we all seek to be accepted but it all starts with accepting ourselves. This is my journey towards it.

     If you wish to contribute to this blog with any links, videos, or pictures that you FEEL needs to be shared, please Contact me. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment